“I have always felt the need to fix things for people. Whether it is to listen and offer advice, or help them by getting involved myself. That has been part of my struggle,” said Sharon Wesline, a Certified Reiki Practitioner, Crystal Healer, Integrated Energy Practitioner and Intuitive, based in New York. She said that she felt like she had to be “all things to all people”.
Many empaths can resonate with Sharon. An empath is someone who deeply feels all the feelings in their surroundings. More than being highly sensitive, empaths can feel someone’s intentions and truly understand their emotional needs. Their ability to pick up on the slightest changes in expression, body language and tone of voice is simply masterful.
Of course, as with every gift, there is a catch. Empaths tend to take on other peoples’ emotions as their own. Like a sponge, they absorb the feelings of those nearby, leaving them wondering what feelings actually belong to them.
As Sharon described, empaths are often singled out for their empathy and expected to heal everyone. However, this can be exhausting, especially if the necessary coping skills are not in place.
Today, Sharon has created a lifestyle that is not only sustainable as an empath, but also supports her work as a professional healer.
Here are Sharon’s Top 8 Coping Tips
- As part of your daily ritual, clear energy that does not belong to you and call back energy that you have shared. A simple verbal intention works wonders.
- Prioritize daily rest and self-care
- Practice gratitude and cultivate more joy in your life
- Seek advice from your guides by using crystals, essential oils and meditation
- Use your breath to bring yourself into the present moment and regulate your emotional and mental states
- Play the Solfeggio frequencies for effortless healing
- Bring the outdoors in and incorporate nature in all that you do
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet
What coping techniques do you use? Share in the comments!
Interested in working with Sharon? You can find more information about her healing services on her website.
If you like this article, join our magical mailing list to be the first to hear about new articles and offerings.
You Might Also Like…
The featured photo is provided by iStock.