Numerology Insights: the Magic of the Number 7
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.– Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Is the number 7 appearing to you in dreams or your waking life? Or maybe you’re navigating a seven life path or a seven year in numerology (hello 2023!). Let’s discover the meaning of the number 7.
The Meaning of 7
The number 7 is the spiritual seeker of the digits. Hungry for knowledge, seven asks BIG questions about the mysteries of the Universe and the natural world. The analytical digit then searches across mounds of data. Never satisfied with superficial answers, seven continues to gather and filter through information.
A bridge between the physical body and the cosmos, the number 7 activates the seven chakras like a kundalini awakening. Connected to the energetic realm, it has a rush of divine downloads.
That’s not to say this number is seated in lotus pose all day. The number 7 is a practical explorer, learning new things through personal experiences and research.
But in a world of false prophets, fake news, and phony friends, the number 7 may be betrayed along the way. Naturally, discernment is key to the number’s highest expression. Trust your inner voice, number 7.
The number 7 has a powerful intuition, but it must stop its zippy chariot to access it. The determined digit is learning to balance logic and intuition. Indeed, information needs downtime to percolate and process. After all, on the seventh day God rested.
The number 7 holds the energies of the numbers 3 and 4 like the pyramids of Egypt. A pyramid has a four-sided cube foundation and four 3-sided triangles that reach towards the cosmos. Pragmatic four sets a firm foundation for higher awareness (three). In essence, seven brings intellectual breakthroughs to our material world.
Where to Find the Number 7
- Nature: Nitrogen (N) has the atomic number 7; the phases of the Moon last about seven days
- There are seven days in a week, named after ancient gods and planets — Sun-day, Moon-day, Tiw’s-day (Tiw is the Norse god of war), Woden’s-day, Thor’s-day, Frigg’s-day (Frigg is the Old English version of Freya), Saturn-day
- In most religions, the seventh day of the week is a sacred day for rest
- Bible: God created the world in seven days, seven lions were in the den with Daniel, and Joshua’s seven trumpeters circled Jericho seven times
- Judaism: there are seven candles on the menorah
- Indian Vedas: Agni, the god of fire, has seven wives, mothers, or sisters and can produce seven flames
- Hinduism: In Hindu weddings, the bride and groom walk around the holy fire seven times
- Japan: there are seven lucky Gods
- Cherokee: the seven stars of the Big Dipper was on the peace and war flags
- The Pythagoreans: there are seven distinct notes in the musical scale
- There were seven wonders of the ancient world
- Ancient Egypt: there were seven paths to heaven and seven heavenly cows
What vibes with 7?
Planet – Neptune
Element – Water
Tarot card – the Chariot
Deities – Norse goddess Frigga, Roman goddess Minerva, Greek goddess Athena, Zoroastrian god Mithras, Norse goddess Idunn
Crystals – trolite, sodalite, blue quartz, blue agate, bloodstone, prehnite, amethyst, kunzite, jade
Plants – irises, deep purple roses
Colors – purple, green, white
Symbol – the seed of life is made up of seven circles
How has the number 7 been showing up in your life? Share in the comments!
If you like this article, join our magical mailing list to be the first to hear about new articles and offerings.
- Meaning, Mystery and Magic of the Number 7 by Numerologist
- Number 7 Numerology by Numerology
- Meaning of Number 7 by Mystical Numbers
- Holy and Unholy Numbers By Sam Stevens
- Numerology Number 7 by The Secret of the Tarot
- Numerology Insights by Kari Samuels
- Pythagoreanism by Britannica
- The Complete Book of Correspondences by Sandra Kynes
Illustration by Peter Hermes Furian on Shutterstock