In the pentagram, the Pythagoreans found all proportions well-known in antiquity: arithmetic, geometric, harmonic, and also the well-known golden proportion, or the golden ratio.– Alexey Stakhov, Mathematics of Harmony
Is the number 5 appearing to you in dreams or your waking life? Or maybe you’re navigating a five life path or a five year in numerology (hello 2021!). Let’s discover the meaning of the number 5.
The Meaning of 5
Whoosh, the number 5 rolls in, riding the winds of radical change and disruption. Hello, messy hair and smudged make-up. The number 5 is here to electrify your world. So, let go of the old, and embrace the exhilarating sensation of throwing caution to the wind. Something new and progressive is on the horizon, says five.
In search of better days, the number 5 welcomes new experiences like a mysterious box of chocolates. Yes, some chocolates may be filled with wasabi, but the surprise is half the fun. You see, the number 5 needs a variety of enlightening experiences in order to feel fulfilled. Anything painstakingly predictable is a slow death for this rabble-rouser. Five wants to taste the rainbow of experiences with its five senses.
Naturally, there’s no boxing in this radical number. The only thing five is truly attached to is well… being unattached. This free-spirit needs freedom and independence above all else. While this makes five very versatile, it also has a tendency to leave a trail of shimmering, half finished projects in its wake.
How about a little advice from the number 4? We know it’s hard to focus with so many shiny opportunities. But, a little self-discipline and commitment may not be a bad thing to follow through on some of those projects and promises. Just the ones with electric sparks, of course.
Five may lack follow through, but we still give it five gold stars. The life-of-the-party, the number 5 is magnetic, fun, and hilarious. A natural communicator, five knows that one of the best ways to experience the world is to interact with the people in it.
Where to Find the Number 5
- Nature: many flowers have a base of five petals; a starfish has five limbs; there are five points on the inside of many fruits; an earthworm has five hearts
- Judaism: there are five books in the Torah
- Christianity: Jesus had five wounds, and David had five stones with which to defeat Goliath
- Renaissance: Leonardo da Vinci’s Vitruvian man fits perfectly inside the pentagram
- Wicca: the pentagram symbolizes the four elements of earth, air, fire, and water united by spirit
- Pythagoreanism: five represents the balance between feminine and masculine energies, and the marriage between heaven and earth
- Sacred Geometry: there are five Platonic solids (tetrahedron, hexahedron, octahedron, icosahedron and dodecahedron)
- Language: there are five vowels in the English alphabet
- China: there are five elements — wood, fire, earth, metal, and water, which make up everything in the universe
- Over sixty nations feature five-pointed stars on their flags
- The human body: there are five fingers on each hand, five toes on each foot and five senses (sight, sound, taste, smell and touch)
What vibes with 5?
Planet – Mercury
Element – Air
Tarot card – Hierophant
Crystals – bronzite, green aventurine, fluorite, rutilated quartz, leopardskin jasper, turquoise
Plants – anemone, oakmoss, lilies
Colors – sky blue, turquoise
Symbol – pentagram
How has the number 5 been showing up in your life? Share in the comments!
If you like this article, join our magical mailing list to be the first to hear about new articles and offerings.
- Meaning, Mystery and Magic of the Number 5 by Numerologist
- Number 5 Numerology by Numerology
- Meaning of Number 5 by Mystical Numbers
- Holy and Unholy Numbers By Sam Stevens
- Numerology Insights by Kari Samuels
- Pythagoreanism by Britannica
- The Complete Book of Correspondences by Sandra Kynes
- Sage Goddess
- Flowers by Numerology