Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.– Buddha
Is the number 3 appearing to you in dreams or your waking life? Or maybe you’re navigating a three life path or a three month in numerology. Let’s discover the meaning of the number 3. After all, all good things happen on three!
The Meaning of 3
“Where do babies come from?” All mamas have to answer this cute question at some point. And they awkwardly explain that when a man loves a woman they come together and poof, make a baby. But, when you think about the birth process from a numerology lens, you see that two parents manifest a third member of the family. Naturally, three is the ultimate symbol of creation.
Of course, life will never be the same. All new parents can agree that their old life (and sleep schedule) died with the birth of their bundle of joy. But even baby businesses and beautiful works of art need the energetic space to truly sprout. And so, the old washes away to make room for creation. But then what?
Well, the newborn navigates this strange world from the beginning (birth) to the middle (life) and to the end (death). Of course, there are many ways to explain the three phases of life from the moon’s three phases (waxing, full, waning) and the sun’s three stages (dawn, noon, dusk) to even the goddess’s three faces (maiden, mother, crone).
By looking back at the past, we understand the present so that we can plan for the ideal future. But what does that future look like? Can you visualize its width, length and height? The number 3 says ‘yes,’ and gives you a jolt of creative inspiration to manifest your dreams in 3D form.
But the number 3 is much more than artistic expression for the sake of creating. It’s about having fun. Three has a natural zest for life that is simply irresistible. Basked in the limelight, the number 3 keeps the vibe light and playful, charming your socks off by Act III.
Of course, no one is wooed without an intimate connection. Through expressive works of art, this masterful storyteller connects with others. The number 3 is truly the apple of everyone’s eye.
More so, three is naturally lucky. And while ‘three times’ a charm, they do need to work at overcoming ‘shiny object’ syndrome. Yes, this shamrock can easily jump from creative project to project. Naturally, a little discipline would do a world of good to help the number 3 step into its creative potential.
Where to Find the Number 3
- Nature: only the three primary colors are needed to create all other colors
- Christianity: the Trinity (the father, the son and the holy spirit)
- Ancient Egypt: three aspects to the Egyptian sun god, Khepri (rising), Re (midday) and Atum (setting)
- Bible: Jesus rose after three days in the tomb
- Sumerian: the goddess Inanna rose from the dead after three days and three nights in the underworld
- Ancient Sumatra, Indonesia: the chicken god Manuk laid three eggs, from which hatched the three worlds — the upper world (heaven), the lower world (earth) and the underworld
- Ancient Greek: the Pythagoreans believed that the number 3 was the first true number and Plato divided his ideal city into three populations (laborers, warriors and philosophers)
- Ireland: the shamrock, or the three-leaf clover, is a symbol of Ireland. And when Saint Patrick taught Christianity in Ireland, he used it to explain the concept of the Holy Trinity
What vibes with 3?
Planet – Jupiter
Element – Fire
Tarot card – Empress
Deities – Greek god Cronos, Greek goddess Hecate, Roman god Pluto, Roman god Saturn, Celtic goddess Modron
Crystals – orange gypsum, crazy lace agate, clear quartz, starry jasper, rainbow obsidian
Flowers – iris, rose, orchid
Colors – yellow, beige, cream, green, violet
Symbol – triangle
How has the number 3 been showing up in your life? Share in the comments!
If you like this article, join our magical mailing list to be the first to hear about new articles and offerings.
- Meaning, Mystery and Magic of the Number 3 by Numerologist
- Number 3 Numerology by Numerology
- Meaning of Number 3 by Mystical Numbers
- Holy and Unholy Numbers By Sam Stevens
- Numerology Number 3 by The Secret of the Tarot
- Numerology Insights by Kari Samuels
- Pythagoreanism by Britannica
- The Complete Book of Correspondences by Sandra Kynes
- Sage Goddess