In the Two we experience the very essence of number more intensely than in any other numbers, that essence of being to bind many together into one, to equate plurality and unity.– Karl Menninger, American psychiatrist
Is the number 2 appearing to you in dreams or your waking life? Or maybe you’re navigating a two life path or a two month in numerology. Let’s do-si-do to discover the meaning of the number 2.
The Meaning of 2
If the number 2 could give advice, it would be: it truly takes two to tango. You see, the number 2 is all about partnerships. No distance or difference between two people, concepts or ideas is too great to keep the number 2 separated from its match. Like a twine spun together from multiple threads, the number 2 snuggles up to its twin flame in a twilight trance.
But, this divine duo doesn’t bond over its commonalities. You could say that they couldn’t be more different. Thus, two teaches us about the very essence of duality. Everything has two sides or poles that we call opposites — light and dark, hot and cold, yin and yang, love and hate. And both poles are made up of the same energy — the only difference between opposite poles is the difference in degree. And so, two opposites harmoniously come together, showing the world that despite our differences, we are all the same.
However, this beautiful quality also makes it hard for the number 2 to make a decision. Why rock the boat? Preferring to stay in the middle, they truly see two sides to every story. Unfortunately, this can lead to inaction.
But, the number 2’s focus on harmonious relationships also gives it a powerful feminine edge. It’s the yin to the number 1‘s yang. So energetically, it brings divine feminine qualities from receptivity and creativity to intuition and empathy.
Naturally, this lovely lady is oh so psychic, illuminating the shadows of the subconscious realm with her cosmic insights. From her deep reservoir, the number 2 picks up on all the subtleties of emotions, hopes, and fears. She then compassionately takes your hand and works with you through the highs and lows of life. A true partner in crime, two values cooperation and diplomacy above all else.
Where to Find the Number 2
- Early Christianity: the number 2 represented the division between the soul and God
- Islam: there are two angels following each person, jotting down all their good and bad deeds
- Bible: two pillars, marked Jachin and Boaz, stood on the porch of Solomon’s Temple (the first Temple in Jerusalem), and these two pillars are illustrated on the High Priestess Tarot card today
- Zoroastrianism: two represents the two equal forces of good and evil trapped in a never-ending battle
- Ancient Greek: the second day of the month was dedicated to Hades, the god of the Underworld, to illuminate evil energies
- Northwest Indians: twins were believed to have supernatural powers that could bring all their wishes to fruition, thus they were heavily supervised
- Hermetic caduceus: there are two snakes coiled around a golden staff, often used as a symbol of medicine
What vibes with 2?
Planet – Moon
Element – Water
Tarot card – The High Priestess
Deities – Greek goddess Ceres, Greek goddess Rhea, Norse goddess Frigga, Norse goddess Freya
Crystals – silver, moonstone, howlite, rutilated quartz, sapphire, pearl
Flowers – freesias, lilies, jasmine, blue lotus
Colors – green, blue, white, peach
Symbol – the Daoist Yin and Yang symbol, which represents the two polar opposite forces that keep the universe in perfect balance
How has the number 2 been showing up in your life? Share in the comments!
If you like this article, join our magical mailing list to be the first to hear about new articles and offerings.
You Might Also Like…
- Meaning, Mystery and Magic of the Number 2 by Numerologist
- Number 2 Numerology by Numerology
- Meaning of Number 2 by Mystical Numbers
- Holy and Unholy Numbers By Sam Stevens
- Numerology Number 2 by The Secret of the Tarot
- Numerology Insights by Kari Samuels
- Pythagoreanism by Britannica
- The Complete Book of Correspondences by Sandra Kynes