Do you struggle with finding balance? I know I do!
My life has been a series of extremes since my kiddie years. As an artistic gymnast, I lived a very restrictive and entirely unbalanced life. Kind of like a modern day nun. Only instead of hours of prayer and service, it was hours of flipping. No birthday parties, no sweets, and certainly no social life.
For most of two decades, my world was shaped by the confines of the gym, car, airports and hotels. While those intense days are long gone, I still strive to create more balance and harmony in my life as a new mom and a “multi-passionate entrepreneur.” But, I think all new moms go through this rite of passage. Thank goodness we have a little help from ancient practices, such as Ayurveda and astrology.
Restore Balance with Astrology
Astrology is a mystical science that can unlock your personal code to radiant health. Similar to Ayurveda, you can use astrology to create a balance of elemental energies (or fire, earth, air and water) in the body. Each element corresponds to different thought patterns, body types, and personality profiles. Most of us are dominant in one or two of the elements. Likewise, most of us lack one or two of the elements.
When we bring in the elements we lack, we harmonize our bodies and in turn, our lives. No one element is running the show. We have just the right amounts of fire, earth, air and water energies to ride the cosmic wave. Energetically centered, we feel radiant and whole from the inside out.
The question is: which elements could you use a little more of? Enter your birthdate into the Astro Twin’s calculator to discover your elemental makeup.
After identifying the elements that are not dominant in your natal chart, bring in those elements with these lifestyle shifts:
Not enough Fire?
You may need a confidence boost. Without fire energy, fear and self-doubt can prevent you from following your heart and expressing your emotions. Fire energy also gives you the courage to shed what no longer serves you in order to transform into the person you are meant to be. Try these fire lifestyle shifts to bring in fire energy:
- Try something new!
- Have a glass of wine with your meal
- Add hot spices to your diet
- Take a dance or cardio class
- Call upon one of the fire spirit animals or adopt a lizard, iguana or snake
- Make your own fire candle using a melange of essential oils associated with the element of fire (i.e. cinnamon, ginger, rosemary, clove, black pepper, nutmeg, basil and tobacco)
- Fire Gazing Meditation – focus your awareness on a candle’s flame
- Work with fire gemstones (i.e. carnelian, citrine, fire agate, ruby, jasper, tiger’s eye and sunstone)
- Invoke one of the fire goddesses
- Hang out with an Aries, Leo or Sagittarius!
Not enough Earth?
You may live in the clouds and have a hard time managing “muggle” matters. Without earth energy, you need daily habits to keep you grounded and moving towards your dreams. Earth energy brings steady growth, strength and powerful stabilizing energy. Try these earth lifestyle shifts to bring in earth energy:
- Spend time in nature
- Eat root vegetables and grains
- Follow a consistent, daily routine
- Get a good nights sleep
- Strength training
- Call upon one of earth spirit animals or adopt a dog, rabbit or horse
- Make a bouquet of flowers associated with the element of earth, including calendula and gardenia
- Work with earth gemstones (i.e. garnet, moss agate, jade, amber, hematite and aragonite)
- Invoke one of the earth goddesses
- Hang out with a Taurus, Virgo or Capricorn!
Not enough Air?
You may feel stuck and cringe at the thought of change. Without air energy, you need to make an effort to try new things. Air energy brings a big picture perspective and clarity. It also facilitates communication and the sharing of ideas. Try these air lifestyle shifts to bring in air energy:
- Take an aerial yoga or stretching class
- Open the windows
- Practice alternate nostril breathing
- Practice Ujjayi breathing
- Eat salads
- Call upon one of the air spirit animals, adopt a bird or become a bee keeper
- Add a few drops of 1 – 3 essential oils associated with the element of air (i.e. neroli, geranium, lemongrass, lavender, tea tree, cherry blossom and dandelion) to your essential oil diffuser
- Burn a floral sage bundle
- Work with air gemstones (i.e. sodalite, amethyst, emerald, topaz, labradorite, fluorite, blue calcite and angelite)
- Invoke one of the air goddesses
- Hang out with a Gemini, Libra or Aquarius!
Not enough Water?
You may need to work on being more compassionate. Without water energy, you need to consciously put yourself in the shoes of others to really feel their feelings. Water energy helps you learn from emotional experiences and tap into your intuition. Try these water lifestyle shifts to bring in water energy:
- Take a therapeutic bath or try our Mermaid’s Dream Bath Recipe
- Eat seafood, algae and water-rich fruits and vegetables
- Drink herbal tea and more water
- Go to the beach
- Participate in special interest groups and retreats
- Take a yin yoga or tai chi class
- Slow belly dance (Taksim)
- Call upon one of the water spirit animals or adopt a fish or turtle
- Make your own oil perfume using essential oils associated with the element of water (i.e. rose, jasmine, lavender, eucalyptus, chamomile, sandalwood, campanula, apple blossom and lemon balm)
- Work with water gemstones (clear quartz, blue kyanite, azurite, aquamarine, amazonite, blue aventurine, rose quartz, chrysophrase, chrysocolla)
- Invoke one of the water goddesses
- Hang out with a Cancer, Scorpio or Pisces!
What does your elemental makeup look like? And how are you bringing in the elements you lack? Share in the comments!
If you like this article, join our magical mailing list to be the first to hear about new articles and offerings.
You Might Also Like…
- The Astro Twins online portal
- Rebecca Gordon’s astrology online classes
- Sage Goddess’s Soul Shift program