An elixir capable of bestowing immortality has always been one of the pipe dreams of humanity. While we don't have an "elixir of eternal life" in a bottle just yet, crystal elixirs are an effective way to imprint skincare products with a particular stone's vibrational energy. When absorbed by the skin during skin treatments, massages, or baths, your body matches the higher frequency of that crystalline energy.
This crystal water elixir recipe is my go-to for adding a little umph to baths, toners and serums. Adding just a touch of this magic will elevate your beauty rituals so that you're glowing from the inside out.
What You Need
- Crystal or gemstone
- Glass jar, container, or decorative bottle with a lid
- Labels for bottles
- 2 cups distilled water
- Elastic band
- Vegetable glycerin
- Wooden spoon
Choose the stone you wish to work with. Be mindful that some stones dissolve in water, such as celestite and selenite, and others can be toxic, such as malachite. Here are some options for uses in beauty products:
- Amethyst - relieves tension headaches and calms skin irritations
- Rose quartz - reduces red complexion and improves blood flow
- Mookaite jasper - known for its anti-aging properties, keeping both the skin, mind and soul youthful
- Citrine - helps toxicity issues and reduces symptoms of depression
- Hematite - stimulates circulation and balance in the body
- Green moss agate - boosts oxygen in the body
- Red jasper - increases circulation and blood flow
- Scolecite - relaxes the skin during facial massages
After cleansing your stone, hold it in your hand and set an intention.
Fill the sterilised glass container with distilled water. Gently place one stone in the water using the wooden spoon.
Next, secure the cheesecloth over the opening of the container with an elastic band.
Place the container in sunlight for 3 - 12 hours.
Once the elixir is charged, remove the stone with the wooden spoon. Lastly, add 4 to 6 drops vegetable glycerin to stabilise the stone's vibes.
Make sure to label the elixir and cover. It can last in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
For a little extra magic, point 4 natural quartz apexes toward the container.
If you like this article, join our magical mailing list to be the first to hear about new articles and offerings.
You Might Also Like...
- "Elemental Energy" by Kristin Petrovich
- Sage Goddess's Soul Shift online class
- Looking Back — The Light and Shadow of the Age of Pisces - August 7, 2020
- Do healing waters really exist? And if so, where? Science Weighs In - July 25, 2020
- Numerology Insights: the Magic of the Number 2 - July 9, 2020