What if there was a cosmic key to manifestation magic? A key that would open the doors to a truly extraordinary life in alignment with your highest purpose.
Well there is! The Hermetic Principles explain how the universe functions so that you can step into your limitless potential.
Believed to have originated from the Emerald Tablet by Hermes Trismegistus in ancient Egypt, a translation of the book emerged in 1908 in the mysterious book called the Kybalion.
While many consider the Kybalion a modern occult source, its teachings are reflected in several ancient spiritual traditions: Egyptian, Greek, Indian Vedic, Christian and Sumerian.
And naturally, the Emerald Tablet has inspired many scholars over the centuries, including Isaac Newton, Roger Bacon, Albertus Magnus, John Dee, and Aleister Crowley, among others.
However, at a first glance the Hermetic Principles seem simple and even intuitive. But when you unwrap it, you find that there are many layers of colorful wrapping paper. You keep unwrapping and unwrapping until finally you arrive at a sacred box. What’s inside?
Seven Principles that illuminate new ways of thinking, being and acting that allow you to become the ultimate alchemist of your life.
The Principles of Truth are Seven; he who knows these, understandingly, possesses the Magic Key before whose touch all the Doors of the Temple fly open.– The Kybalion
In other words, when you acquire the wisdom of the seven principles, the temples of your mind fly open. You can create and transmute matter (which is actually just densified Spirit) to manifest your wildest intentions.
Here are the 7 Hermetic Principles, and how to use them to manifest your dreams:
The All is Mind; the Universe is Mental.– The Kybalion
Remember that little book called the Secret? We are all familiar with the Law of Attraction. And while yes, your thoughts eventually become things. Your thoughts are more powerful than you may know.
In fact, they are everything! Everything in our universe is created by thoughts. Nothing can exist on the material plane without first starting out as a tiny seed in the mind.
How to use Mentalism:
- Write down the reality you want to create in your journal. And make sure to include all the nitty gritty details.
- Next, speak out loud what you wrote down. Words in any language hold incredible power, so repeat this step daily.
- Lastly, be careful what you think for! It’s easy to slip into negative self-talk. So, make sure you actually want to manifest those thoughts into form. And if not, rewire them.
As above, so below; as below, so above.– The Kybalion
The cosmos, Earth, the spirit realm — there is a direct connection between all planes of existence. Nothing exists in isolation. We are connected to the cycles of the moon and planets. But even on a cellular level, the electrons in an atom perfectly reflect our solar system.
However, as an Earthling with only five senses (and sometimes a sixth), we can only experience so much. But by witnessing the patterns that exist in our dimension we can guess what may be happening on other planes. Is communication going bonkers? Perhaps Mercury is retrograde again?
When you apply this principle, you can find hidden solutions to problems that help you better navigate your life. You may need to probe a few layers below or above, but the answers you seek do exist.
Still, there is so much more to this principle. It also means that everything is One with all there is. I am not separate to you. We are all part of the same source energy.
But what does this mean for the modern manifestor? When you move into a unity consciousness, you plug back into Source. Suddenly, you remember your souls gifts and how powerful you truly are.
How to use Correspondence:
- Step way way back to witness global and cosmic patterns, perhaps through studying astrology. Reflect on how these energies manifest in your personal life.
- Connect with unity consciousness from deep within your body through meditation or shamanic journeying.
Nothing rests; Everything moves; Everything vibrates.– The Kybalion
EVERYTHING in our universe is in constant motion — even that cup of coffee on the kitchen table! But more than objects, animals and people, this principle applies to thoughts, emotions, and desires.
But what differentiates rock solid matter with manifestations of the mind? It is simply a difference in vibration.
Imagine a wheel turning so rapidly that it appears to be still. Likewise, spirits are vibrating so quickly that we simply can’t see them (unless we raise our frequencies, that is). At the other end of the scale, the vibrations of inanimate objects are so low that they also seem to be at rest. Of course, there are billions of degrees of vibration in between these two extremes.
And today, modern science is on board with this principle. As Nikola Tesla once said: If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.
So, it makes you wonder: what frequencies are your thoughts and emotions vibrating at? Do you need to turn up the thermostat on your mood? Or are you flying at oh so high vibes?
When you master this principle, you are in full control of your mood and thoughts. You can raise the frequency of your thoughts and emotions on command to attract the life of your dreams.
How to use Vibration:
- Pay attention to your thoughts, emotions and desires. Are they light or heavy? Positive or negative?
- Listen to the Solfeggio frequencies to raise the vibe.
- Work with crystals. Even just holding a crystal synchronises your energy with that crystal’s unique signature frequency.
- Ponder this: Does your environment support high vibe living? How can you cultivate a more uplifting environment?
- If your thoughts are a bit down in the dumps, rewire them to support your intentions. See the Principle of Mentalism for more on this.
- If you feel less than stellar, use the Principle of Polarity (see below), to shift your emotions towards the positive end of the scale.
Everything is dual… has poles; and its pair of opposites; like and unlike are the same; opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree; extremes meet; all truths are but half-truths; all paradoxes may be reconciled.– The Kybalion
Growing up in Southern California, a little drizzle was cold enough for me to stay in my cozy cave with a hot chai tea latte. But, after moving to Switzerland, a rainy day became the norm. And I soon found that those rainy days weren’t so cold after all — compared to snow storms, that is. It’s all relative!
It’s hard to define what constitutes as “cold”. What’s cold for me, may not be cold for you. But this principle applies to everything — light and dark, big and small, vibrant and dull.
Everything has two sides or poles that we call opposites. And both poles are made up of the same energy — the only difference between opposite poles is the difference in degree.
So, why is this important? Because it also applies to emotions. Take love and hate, for instance, hate is the low vibration and love is high vibration on the same scale.
When you learn to master this principle, you can elevate your frequency on the spectrum to attract more high vibes. You also have a better understanding of what’s going on in the world. There are truly two sides to every story!
How to use Polarity:
- Pay attention to your emotions. When a negative emotion creeps in, consider what emotion is on the other end of the scale. For instance, fear and courage, lonely and unity consciousness, jealously and proud.
- Next, consider how you can inch your way up the scale to the more positive pole. For instance, if you are afraid of leaving your corporate career? Maybe a courageous baby step would be to work less hours, and start your dream business on the side.
Everything flows, out and in; everything has its tides; all things rise and fall; the pendulum-swing manifests in everything; the measure of the swing to the right is the measure off the swing to the left; rhythm compensates.– The Kybalion
Just as the tides of the ocean rise and fall, everything in the universe ebbs and flows from one pole to its opposite.
Imagine a pendulum swinging back and forth. On a personal level, we swing from happy to sad, like to dislike, love to hate. And on a global level, the seasons fluctuate too. We see empires rise and fall. Babies being born and people dying. It’s all part of the law of rhythm. But, can we escape the negative pole?
While we can’t stop the pendulum from swinging, we can learn to ride the wave. How? By being in control of our emotions and thoughts. As the yogi masters say: “You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.”
How to use Rhythm:
- Practice witnessing your thoughts, as if you were an outsider. Let go of any clinging thoughts and dive into a deep meditative state.
- Witness your emotions and mood. Are you on the positive end of the spectrum? Gradually shift your mood up the scale to have a different kind of experience.
Cause and Effect
Every cause has its effect; every effect has its cause; everything happens according to the law; chance is but a name for law not recognized; there are many planes of causation, but nothing escapes the law.– The Kybalion
Nothing in life is a random coincidence. In fact, nothing in the entire universe happens by chance. Every effect has its cause. You may not be able to trace that lucky break back to the initial spark. But ultimately, something happened to trigger your good fortune.
Often we contribute our misfortunes to “bad luck”. When really we were just whirling around at the whim of someone else’s “cause”. Of course, what if two people have conflicting intentions? Well, the higher vibration always wins. But you, too, can sit in the pilot’s seat.
When you move the chess pieces of your life with a high vibe intention, you’re no longer a victim of someone else’s will. You call the shots in your life.
How to use Cause and Effect:
- Ponder this: look at all the amazing things you manifested in your life.
- Next, pick one and try to track it back to the initial “cause.”
- Now look into the future. What small step can you take today to manifest your intention?
Gender is in everything; everything has its masculine and feminine principles; gender manifests on all planes.– The Kybalion
Did you know that the Latin meaning of “gender” is “to generate”? To generate new life, both the divine feminine and divine masculine are needed. This goes way beyond sex, and encompasses all creations from baby businesses to genius works of art.
The divine masculine is assertive energy, rational, bound by linear time, and goal oriented. It knows what it wants, and goes after it with steadfast determination.
The divine feminine is receptive energy, intuitive, cyclical time, and nurturing. It lets its feelings guide the way forward, and is open to cosmic signs from the universe.
Both energies exist in everything in the universe. I may be female, but I also hold the divine masculine. The same goes for males. However, when we embody too much of one gender, creative innovations aren’t possible. We need to cultivate both the divine masculine and the divine feminine to create new life.
How to use Gender:
- Reflect on your lifestyle. Are you living too much in the yin or yang? In what areas of your life, do you need to bring more balance?
- Create a lifestyle that cultivates a balance of both the divine masculine and divine feminine energies. Divine masculine living includes: deliberate daily practice to reach a set goal, analysis using metrics, and logic-based decision making. Divine feminine living includes: meditation, dream recall, reflective writing, and the intuitive arts.
Which of these seven principles was most awe-inspiring for you? And how will you cultivate its lessons in your life? Share in the comments!
If you like this article, join our magical mailing list to be the first to hear about new articles and offerings.
You Might Also Like…
- Sage Goddess’s Soul Shift program
- “Hermetic Principles and Thoth” by Billy Carson on Gaia
- Law of Attraction: the Framework by Mumbles and Things
- Hermetic Revival: 7 Ancient Principles For Self-Mastery by Colton Swabb
- The Temples of Light by Danielle Rama Hoffman
- Legendary Emerald Tablet and its Secrets of the Universe by Ancient Origins
- The science of “vibes” shows how everything is connected by Ephrat Livni
- The Emerald Tablet of Hermes and The Kybalion, edited by Dr. Jane Ma’ati Smith
- Home, Sweet, Home — create a sacred container for your dreams using Feng Shui - June 26, 2020
- 7 Ancient Secrets to become the Ultimate Manifestor - June 13, 2020
- Numerology Insights: the Magic of the Number 1 - June 3, 2020